Help with your Evaluation Paper
In case you're having trouble finding something to write about for your evaluation paper, I'd like to offer some help. Actually, I already have, by introducing you to two pieces that function as evaluative arguments--the video on meth and the article reprinted in your book by Navrot on the return of native American remains. Aside from these two pieces, I can tell you that the readings in Chapters 27 and 28 focus on evaluative arguments, so you can browse them to look for something that will work for you.
In case you're not clear about what I'm asking of you, I want you to browse and explore to find sources to write on, and that is why I've left it up to you to hunt for texts. This kind of hunting is basic resarch. You need to be thinking about and practicing your research skills as you get deeper into your college career. You need to be ready to do research when you get into English 1102. I've introduced you to resources to help you find good ways to do research. I hope you will use them and find them helpful. If you need more guidance, all you have to do is ask for it.
Thanks for reading, and good luck in your work.
In case you're not clear about what I'm asking of you, I want you to browse and explore to find sources to write on, and that is why I've left it up to you to hunt for texts. This kind of hunting is basic resarch. You need to be thinking about and practicing your research skills as you get deeper into your college career. You need to be ready to do research when you get into English 1102. I've introduced you to resources to help you find good ways to do research. I hope you will use them and find them helpful. If you need more guidance, all you have to do is ask for it.
Thanks for reading, and good luck in your work.


4 Comments:
So I just need a little clarefication. I understand that we can have 3 topics, but by the topics do you want three entire articles in the chapter evaluated, or three topics presented in one article?
Find three readings--at least one article from class text, may use text from outside source--that function as evaluations. Write a paper discussing how those three readings work as evaluative arguments, and respond in writing to the evaluations you find in your sources.
Exactly how to we respond to an evaluative argument?
I'm responding to Chris, who asks, "exactly how do we respond to an evaluative argument?"
You respond to an evaluative argument by telling me what you think the argument says and what you think the argument means. What is explicitly stated in the argument? What is emphasized, and what is avoided? What are the implications of what is said in the argument? What does the argument mean? I've given you an example in my response to an article from today's AJC. Thanks for your question.
Post a Comment
<< Home