Friday, January 26, 2007

Regarding Essay #1

I want you all to review the essay you turned in on 20 January and submit it again. In particular, I want you to look carefully for formal problems such as fused sentences, comma splices, and sentence fragments. Do not, however, stop there: look for ways of expressing yourself more clearly and correctly; look for ways of making your work clearer, more fully stated and more formally correct.

I would prefer that you exchange papers with a class member, review each others' work, suggest changes and then, finally, review you own work, revise it and then turn it in. Some people don't have much to do on their papers, and some have a great deal to do. The point is this: I want you all to take another look at the paper you handed in on 20 January, proofread it carefully, revise it and then turn it in again to me by email. I will then grade the second copy you hand in, and I'll return it with the first copy, which I have graded and which I shall hold to return to you with the second copy. The grade I shall record will be the grade on the second copy.

I want you to complete this task so that you have submitted your second version of Essay #1 by the end of day on Tuesday, 30 January 2007. Again, please submit your revised essay to me by email, and please submit it by the end of the day on Tuesday. I shall make every effort to return the papers to you on Saturday, 3 February, but I may not be able to get them all done by then.

Thanks for your hard work, good luck in everything you do, and please let me know if you have any questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home